Bruignac
 
 







Man has inhabited Bruignac for more than 5 000 years:

      ° a neolithic village ( -3 000) stood on the "rocky spur" of Bruignac where the property is located to-day

    ° a gallo-roman villa (Brunaco) prospered here from the first to the third century AD;

      ° a "motte" (small fort built of earth and wood) and its hamlet of auxiliary buildings were home of the Lords of Bruignac in year 1000

  ° a church (Saint Maur de Bruignac) built on the ruins of the gallo-roman villa in the 12th century during the third wave of christianisation of Aquitaine was destroyed during the Religions' Wars of  the 16th.

  ° the present tower and manor replaced the "motte" around year 1300.

Vines have been grown, and wine has been made at Bruignac since year 1000 for sure, and probably since the time of the gallo-roman villa. Thus throughout the centuries, owners of Bruignac have protected its authenticity aided by the fact that Bruignac remained in the same family for 650 years, and then in a second family for another century.

Recent owners invest in reviving the property and progressively give it back its original grandeur.

Ladimex